Re: Increasing Compression Questions

To: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>,
Subject: Re: Increasing Compression Questions
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:36:06 -0400
Hi John,

The two most common methods to increase compression is to shave the head or
to install pistons that take up more of the 'squish' area of the chamber.
Obviously, shaving the head is the least costly and, in the case of the TR6
as far as I know, there are no hi-compression pistons commercially
available.  You can have them made but big dollars.

Either way it reduces the size of the compression chamber, or squish area.

Shaving the head is an old standby and does no harm to the motor as long as
it is done properly by an experienced machine shop.  It is also a good idea
to have any sharp corners smoothed out in the chamber to discourage
pre-ignition.

Greg Dito
CD6250L