I am afraid- I am very afraid

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: I am afraid- I am very afraid
From: kmcnelis@nmsu.edu
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 17:45:05 -0600
Did an oil change today.  I use a spin-on adapter and a good Fram filter-  the
X2 (XG 3614) and Castrol 20w-50.

Drained the oil, didn't look too bad.  Took off the filter, turned it holes
down to drain.  When I went back to look to see if it had drained out, I saw
a "trail" from the filter to the drain of the catch basin of very fine metalic
dust-  it was yellow, looked like brass.

What it is?  What it was?  Normal?  Something need attention?  Was it the
remains of a thrust washer (heaven forbid).  Suggestions are welcome!

Kevin