RE: silly question

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, BennettDat <BennettDat@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: silly question
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 12:32:27 -0600
I think it is supposed to be a group 24 battery in case the morons at autozone
or pep boys give you the wrong battery.

They tend to believe their computers and won't look in cross reference books.
I once had an autozone employee insist that my TR6 was a four cylinder and
would only give me four spark plugs. After refusing to look under the bonnet
and count the sparkplugs himself, claiming that I had changed the car because
his computer called for a four cylinder and computers don't lie. I then asked
for the four sparkplugs and then two extra just in case. He wouldn't sell them
to me. I asked for the manager as luck would have, he was the manager. HAven't
been back to that store since. I buy my batteries directly from the Interstate
battery supplier (thems good batteries :o)) and all other parts that I can get
locally I go to NAPA or CarQuest. Have yet to have a problem with either of
them. That is my local Autozone/Pepboys experience. Maybe I'm just lucky. Rant
off. Sorry.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79