stuck bolt

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: stuck bolt
From: "Pallones" <ppallones@core.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 20:22:49 -0400
This is kind of a TR6 question, even though it can apply to any car.

I sent an e:mail a month or so ago asking about mechanic recommendations in
the Cleveland area for front brakes rebuild.

Well, I ended up doing it myself (or at least 1/2 of it so far).  I managed to
get the caliper off the passenger side, install new pistons/seals, pads, and a
new disc.  Checked the run-out, end float - all looked good.  "Hey - this
isn't too tough!"

Then I went to the drivers side.

After a full can of PB Blaster, I still can't get the top caliper 3/4" bolt
out.  I wrenched it, slugged it, impacted it, swore at it....  But it won't
budge.  I'm afraid of rounding it off.  I'm going to try a little heat next
(butane torch near the hub casting where the bolt threads are).

Any other suggestions??

Thanks,

Phil Pallone
74TR6
CF22155U
(the British car show at the Fairlawn, Ohio Hilton this past Sunday was very
nice!)