RE: Tuning ZS carbs, +

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tuning ZS carbs, +
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:59:01 -0700
        Dick:

        Better get measured for those shoes!!

        The non-adjustable needles work just fine in the adjustable
carbs.
B1AR needles from the Jag are non-adjustable. My ZS carbs are
adjustable.
I just popped the non adjustable carriers off the B1AR needles, and
disassembled my adjustable carriers. I then placed the B1AR needles in
my
carriers, and reassembled my carbs. Voila.
        The needle shanks are the same for both types. It is the
carriers
that are different. Going from non-adjustable to adjustable is cake.
        Going from adjustable to non-adjustable is difficult. You will
probably ruin the non-adjustable carrier as it is a crimp fit and
made of brass. Very soft and easily mooshed. I didn't even try to save
the non-adjustable carriers.

        Vance

        P.S. To be fair, the adjustable carriers are made of
teensy-weensy parts
that are easily mangled. You need plenty of light, and a CLEAN, SMOOTH
work surface
and small tools to do the swap. Otherwise if you drop a part, you will
never
find it again. Sneeze at the wrong time, and you will destroy something.
YMMV.