thanks to the list

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: thanks to the list
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:50:47 EDT
Well, I've done it.  It took about 6 months, and countless posts to "the
list", and now I'm finished the mechanical restoration of my 1971 Jasmine
Yellow
TR6.  I can't tell you guys how much help you have been in guiding me through
the project.  I lurked on the list for about a year, wondering if I could do
this sort of thing.  I've never done much more than take a lawn mower apart
before this venture, and now I would consider myself at least novice, if not
knowledgable about what lurks in the guts of a TR6.  I think I could write a
book
about the mistakes I made, but in the end it was a worthwhile effort.  My car's
parts are worth more than I could ever sell it for, but now I know exactly
what I've got.  You guys always came through with timely, trustworthy advice.
I won't list specific names, but you guys know who you are.  I know I couldn't
have done it without the wisdom from the sages.  I hope to meet some of you
guys someday.   To recap what I've done:
1.  Rebuilt  my engine from valve cover to oil pan with lots of performance
extras
2.  Added overdrive, new clutch with Gundst bearing
3.  New rear hubs, Rebuilt rear end, rebushed trailing arms, lowered the car,
   adjustable rear brackets, high performance springs
4.  New front suspension
5.  Front and rear sway bars
6.  Header with dual stainless exhaust
7.  All new electrics, including Bosch alternator
8. All u-joints...
9.  All rebuilt brake components including master and booster
Heck, everything on the car but the body has been rebuilt By ME!  IN MY
GARAGE!!!
....And it runs GREAT!  Thanks everyone!!!

Joe Davis, Drakes Branch Virginia