Losing Oil

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Losing Oil
From: "James Jerrel" <jjerrel@email.dnet.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 07:14:10 -0400
Hi there.  I need some help.  My trusty 1970 TR6 has aproblem. Yesterday when I
was taking a drive, it started to smoke badly. When I stopped and looked
underneath, I could see oil all over the undercarriage.  It was leaking out and
then getting on the hot exhaust.  When I got back home, I found it had lost
over 1/2 of its oil.  It appears to be coming out in back of the engine in the
area where the transmission housing connects to the rear of the engine.  Is
this the rear oil seal? Hopefully not, since this appears to be a major repair
and I do not know of anyone here in my hometown (Murphy, NC) who can work on my
car.  Any help in trying to pin down the problem would be most appreciated.
Thanks.

Sent via the WebMail system at email.dnet.net