Re: Hot Differential

To: "Michael Corbitt" <Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hot Differential
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 22:49:29 -0400
Mike,

Proper break-in of a diff after rebuild should include a short first drive
followed by a LONG cool down period. The new parts need to bed together, and
this creates a lot of heat initially. Since the diff and case are made of
heavy steel, they can absorb a lot of heat, but need time to get rid of it.

Chances are the next time you take it for a spin it won't get as hot or be
noisy (if it was set up properly to begin with)

Good luck!
Jim