Re: Door crash pad installation

To: Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Door crash pad installation
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 00:07:37 -0400
Mike,

I went to the local NAPA store and bought some spray on 3M adhesive.  I
coated the pads and the door and installed.  OK, not quite that simple.
  First I did a dry fit to see how they would fit and what I needed to
do to make sure they fit right.  You will need to loosen the door
panels to slide the extra flap of the pad behind the panel.  I had to
trim just a little bit of the pad in a few places to make sure
everything fit well.  I also had to punch holes in the extra flap of
the pad to allow the metal connectors to slide into the holes in the
door to hold the door panel on.  The results were great.  Looks very
nice and is extremely solid with no give when I pull on the door pulls
to close the door.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)