More on Rust

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: More on Rust
From: "Michael Corbitt" <Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 11:51:23 -0700
A little more on rust.   As I start working on refurbishing the innards of my
doors, I want to take care of the surface rust that appears to be in the bottom
of my door.  I've cleaned this area up as best I can and made sure the drains
are open.   What tools can be used to get in there?  Tough area.  I'm more
interested in knowing the best way to treat the small channel where the outside
skin attaches to the bottom of the door?  I would like to make sure that any
rust that might be down in there gets stopped or at least considerably slowed
down.   Is POR-15 good for this?   What are some of the best practices for
handling this area.  Thanks for the help.

Don, on another note, when you talked about the difficulty of getting rust out
of the pits in some of the cast iron engine parts, it seems the EVAPO-RUST
product mentioned in the Moss catalog might be just the thing.

Mike
Corvallis, OR