Rear-end still sagging

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear-end still sagging
From: "Mike Long (N3WNZ)" <n3wnz@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:08:23 -0600
Hi Group,

        I hope I'm not asking too much advice here, but I'm new at working on
these cars, and am learning a lot!

        Some of you may remember me asking about the rear-end of my '75 TR6
sagging.  Well I ordered a new spring, and it made no difference at
all.  The reason I only ordered one is because at the time I thought the
previous owner had replaced the right spring only.  So I ordered the
left.  Anyway, when the new spring made no difference, I swapped the old
spring on the right for the left, and that too made no difference
either.  I am now convinced that the spring is not the problem here.
The trouble is, I'm completely perplexed as to what else it could be.
There's nothing else there except the shock absorber.  The left side
sits 1 1/4" lower than the right as measured from the floor to the top
center of the wheel well, and 1" lower from the frame to the floor.

        Does anyone have any ideas, please?

Thanks!
Mike
'75 TR6