Clutch Attachment Bolt Size

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Attachment Bolt Size
From: "Jerry C Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:09:53 -0500
I just unpacked my LUK clutch to attach it to my newly lightened, refaced,
and balanced flywheel. It turns out that the clutch cover bolt clearance
holes were too small to accomodate the 3/8"-24 bolts that were used by the
PO.

Upon looking at Bentley on torquing specs it says the clutch attachment
bolts are supposed to be  5/16" UNF, which would explain the difference.

How frequently do clutch attachment bolts strip out, to be fixed by drilling
out and retapping all 6 bolt holes with a larger thread?

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Jerry