Re: 69???? TR6 on ebay

To: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>, "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 69???? TR6 on ebay
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 19:35:22 -0500
> I saw it early, but hesitated to email the seller. I really feel
> sorry for the buyer who thinks he's getting a low mile TR6.
> Sure will be a shame when he finds out otherwise.

I would not feel bad for the buyer.  Ebay does not require users to pass IQ
tests and that means there are boat loads of stupid people buying stuff on
eBay.  It is not the responsibility of the seller to devulge all of the
vehicle's history, from 1969 or 1976 through 2005, in the auction
description.  He may have bought the car that way and he too may have no
clue why it was changed to a 1976 body style.

I do not think the seller is being dishonest.  It is very obvious to anyone
with some knowledge of TR6s that the body styling and features are not that
of a 1969 TR6.  So who is at fault?  Well the seller of this TR6 is not
covering up the bumpers in the photos or the later engine... so the buyer is
just uneducated or does not care.

Frankly, for the price, even another $1500 or so, it does not seem like a
bad deal.  Claimed rust free car, recent 5 speed conversion, presentable
interior, overhauled cooling and hydraulic systems.  Decent / good paint and
exterior cosmetics... you could do a lot worse for $6000.

Everyone has to remember that it is an auction, and in doing so the seller
is out to get the maximum amount of money and he does not have to disclose
why cosmetic details were changed if he does not want to.  Buyers are
obviously out to buy what they want at the lowest price... so how do you not
get screwed?  Be educated about the product.

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke
Wishbone Classics