EBC brake pads

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: EBC brake pads
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:59:38 EST
I installed EBC green brake pads this week.  I took the 6 out for a drive
today and boy do the brakes squeal.  The instructions say not to use the
anti-rattle shims and there is a hard rubber or plastic backing on the pads
that I
assumed was to prevent squeal so I didn't goop 'em up.  Anybody else out there
have the green pads?  Is it just a matter of bedding them in? They have a
special break-in coating on the pad faces and the instructions call for a 300
mile
break-in period.
Mike C  '71 TR6