Carburetor

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Carburetor
From: "Eric Henningsen" <ehenningsen@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 19:14:05 -0500
I finished restoration of a 76 TR6 about a year ago and am working a few
lingering problems before the spring season. I have an issue where the
dashpot cover on the front carburetor hits the hood when closed. This lifts
the hood slightly on this side and causes the hood release to frequently
bind up, but has not distorted the hood. Trying to figure out what would
cause this to happen. The engine mounts don't appears to have any play in
them such that I could drop the engine a bit and certainly the carburetor
mounting is fixed. Wondering if anyone has run into this problem and what
the solution was?

Eric
76 TR6 BRG