Warped Door?

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Warped Door?
From: Aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 14:15:12 -0500
I have been working off and on for the last two weeks getting all the panels
lined up on the TR6 after putting the tub back on the frame. I've got all the
gaps looking good, but I'm still rassling with the passenger door. Although the
gaps are good, the front upper edge and rear lower edge protrude past the wings
by about 1/8 of an inch. On the upper front edge, I could not adjust the hinge
inward enough to close the gap, so I took out the backing plate and enlarged
the holes. This did the trick on that edge. I am stumped on how to correct the
back lower edge, though.

Is there a way to straighten a warped door without removing the skin? The door
is in very good condition, otherwise.

To explain why I think I have the problem in the first place, it looks like the
door may have been warped its whole life. The reason I think it may have always
been that way is because of the way the wings were fitted. The mounting point
on the upper bulkhead had putty placed in such a way that the wing would not
lay flush with the edge. I removed the putty so that it would lay flush. The
flange on the rear wing that bolts to the B post was bent in such a way that
the lower edge of the wing would not lay flush on the rocker. I straightened
that also. Now that the wings are nice and tight against the tub, the door is
now out of alignment. Fun.

Thanks for your help

Bud Trussell
75 TR6