Re: TR-6 wooden dash replacements

To: JAR7U@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu ("Ruffner, James A *HS"),
Subject: Re: TR-6 wooden dash replacements
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:32:39 -0500
James,

I bought some makore(african cherry) veneer on ebay as well as purchasing a few
extra dashes from a few members of the list and redid some myself.  While I
have no doubt that the quality of my dash is no where near the quality that
prestige puts out I am very pleased with the results and it was pretty straight
forward to complete.  It is time consuming but I enjoyed the process.  One
benefit is that you can choose a wood veneer from quite a different number of
types of wood.  Another is the cost.  The dash, veneer, poly, and paint
probably cost me around $60 or so.  And a third benefit is that I was able to
redo a spare dash and drive the car until I was ready to tackle the
"project".(I redid the crash pads, the guages, etc. at the same time)  Let me
know if you would like any more information on the process.

I have updated some pics at the website below if you want to check out what it
looks like.  As soon as I get off my butt I will be putting one of the extra
ones I have ebay.

--
Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)