Re: Steel Wheel Restoration

To: janah@att.net, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Steel Wheel Restoration
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:25:24 EST
John
  First check to see if they are true. A local tire dealer with a runout
guage should be able to do this for you.  If so check  with a large truck tire
dealer in your area and see if they powder coat  rims-this is getting fairly
common in the truck tire indusry. They will bead blast, inspect and can paint
them
in a wide range of colors. I had mine done in gray and then painted them with
an argent silver.  Unfortunatley after doing several wheels I couldn't find a
round set and went to alloys.  I really liked the looks of the stock set-up
but tired of the vibration problems. Hope this helps.
Mike C '71 TR6