DIY Red Line Tires???

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: DIY Red Line Tires???
From: Carsickguy@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:09:03 EST
Has anyone had any success dyeing white walls red (and getting them to hold
up)?  Michelin currently sells a Symmetry tire in a P205/70R15 size with a 3/8"
wide white wall stripe.  They caught my eye in the tire store because the
protective coating they use on the white wall is a dark pink - almost looked
like
a real red line at first.

Two of my Michelin Xs came apart on me last year (due to old age) and I'm
shopping for a reasonably priced alternative replacement tire.  Thanks for any
help you can provide.

Stu Ehrhardt, 1976 Mimosa TR6, Davisburg, MI