Re: Tranny Vent Hole

To: gameparker@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: Tranny Vent Hole
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 17:19:54 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 gameparker@bellsouth.net wrote:

> Just a silly question for the list:  have any of you out there ever
> felt the need to install a vent hole in the tranny top cover?  No
> reason, or symptoms to speak of and I understand the tranny is lubed
> via splash, but - just feels like a good idea before I slap the
> interior back into the 6 tomorrow.

There should be a vent hole already. Actually, there should be two. One is
in the top cover, the other is in the tail.

They are _really small_ holes, less than 1/8" and there's no cover or
fitting.

If you clean the grease off, you should be able to find the holes.

> Thanks and Regards,
> Geoff Parker

c ya,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |