Re: TR6 Engine Gasket Question

To: "ronald weber" <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>, "6Pack"
Subject: Re: TR6 Engine Gasket Question
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:23:49 -0500
> I noticed that Moss offers two TR6 engine gasket sets- one is
> a Payen brand and the other is no-name. Is anyone aware of
> a difference between the two or are they pretty much
> functionally identical?

Ron,

The Payen head sets are definitely the better item to choose for the
cylinder head sets.  For the lower end sets, buying a Payen set is just
throwing away money because the quality, construction (thickness of
gaskets), and the total number of gaskets are the same as the "white box" no
name brands.

Shop around, Moss' price of $75+ something for the cylinder head set on the
72-76 cars is outrageous...

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke