RE: Rear Swat Bar Installation

To: vcolper@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: Rear Swat Bar Installation
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:59:58 +0000
Hi Victor,
  Are planning to drive your TR6 on the track only?  Your car was designed
for the street and when push comes to shove, the back end will come around
when you get it mixed up on a corner.  That characteristic is designed into
it for safety and a rear sway bar will eliminate that factor.  This comes
from an engineering professor who's students have been building cars and
competing in Formula SAE for years. I was planning to put one on my street (
and sometimes track) car until I asked his advice.  I will be slower on the
track without it, but safer on the street.  Maybe someone with a better
understanding of suspension geometry can explain it, but I just accept his
advice with or without understanding.
Steve