RE: Forwarded: Re: 6 Pack Digest V1 #1449 (GL-5 in tranny over

To: "6pack List" <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Forwarded: Re: 6 Pack Digest V1 #1449 (GL-5 in tranny over
From: "Kendall Larsen" <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 00:35:49 -0800
> Hi, I inadvertently put GL-5 oil in my Tranny. ....
> Should I drain it and replace the fluid now or will it
> be ok to wait until the spring,...?

Hi Steve,

        Well I'm not an expert on TRansmissions or oil formulations or
chemistry or
much on anything for that matter. However I'd guess that what ever chemical
reaction is taking place with the GL-5 and the bronze is going to be
sufficiently slow in cold of winter. I was under the impression that the
GL-5 was more of a problem while basting the bronze in HOT GL-5 cruising
down the road. (or towing for those of you that enjoy that classic
debate...) I vote for put it off till spring. Unless you want an excuse to
get the TR out then by all means clean'er out.

Happy Etching,

Kendall Larsen