RE: 10.5 milliamp drain on battery

To: "Robert McBride" <rmcbride@twmi.rr.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: 10.5 milliamp drain on battery
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 07:47:03 -0800
        Bob:

        Take your alternator to a local alternator rebuilding service
(In the yellow pages under "alternators"). They will test it for free
and rebuild it for you. I had my Lucas starter rebuilt for $120 by ABE
(Auto Battery and Electric) in Hillsboro OR. They were the first place I
called, and they said "Lucas? No problem." They tested my alternator for
free and pronounced it perfect. When they do a rebuild they put in new
brushes, bearings, and whatever else is needed, so that you won't be
back in 2 months with a bad bearing. After all, the parts in our cars
are over 30 years old and very tired.... Kinda like me =:-o

        Cheers,

        Vance