Suspension Advice

To: 6pack List <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Suspension Advice
From: Kendall Larsen <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:08:26 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,

    I just received a box full of new suspension parts from Ted at TSI. I went
with polyurethane bushings, KYB gas shocks for the front, heavy duty rebuilt
levers (apple) for the rear, new trunnions, and I'm replacing most of the links
and joints. The car has never had a suspension part changed in 30 years or
80,000 miles so I'm expecting some improvement :)

Questions...

What suggestions do you have for the project, should the parts be installed
with lots of grease on them? (White lithium grease good?)

Besides the trunnion bolt, are there any other bolts that I must replace? Is it
a safety hazard to re use hardware?

Does some sort of anti seize need to be used any where? Lock-tite everywhere
else?

I've been about everywhere on the car except for the suspension and
tranny/differential. So I'm getting into uncharted waters for the first time in
a while.

Thanks for the input guys!

Kendall Larsen
San Clemente, CA

oh.. and Ted was out of stock on the springs, so if you're planning on buying
some uprated springs, lets get those back orders in!

Check out the new British Cars Forum: