RE: rebuilding brake and clutch

To: "6pack List" <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: rebuilding brake and clutch
From: "Kendall Larsen" <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:39:25 -0700
Hey Terry,

Perhaps my master cylinder was a special case, but Apple would NOT put a
brass sleeve in it. And I was told that they never put brass sleeves in TR6
cylinders because the stepped bore makes the process too difficult. Do you
*know* that you have a brass sleeved master cylinder?

I'm just curious if they actually do put brass sleeves in TR6 brake
cylinders, because they certainly didn't in my case...

Kendall
74.5 TR6

> Master cylinders:
> I sent my brake and clutch masters to Apple hydraulics.  They
> will resleeve
> (using brass sleeves) and rebuild you cylinders.  Brass is better
> because it
> isn't as prone to pitting as steel or aluminum.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: