RE: convertable top question

To: "'Adam C Beasley'" <adam@adambeasley.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: convertable top question
From: "Rick & Lori O" <trinitygadget@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:54:56 -0400
Adam--Did this last year with a Stayfast top.  There is no seal under the
retaining plate at the rear; the piping along the rear of the top serves
that function (when properly installed of course!).  What you may want to
"seal" is the bottom of the sheet metal screws retaining the male snaps to
the plate to prevent scratching the deck paint.  Instead of sheet metal
screws, I used stainless machine screws with lock washers/bolts.  A bit more
complicated, but my holes were stripped and I wanted a secure fit in those
locations.  I attached the plate to the top snaps at my kitchen table for an
easier experience; just make sure to mark the centerline of the top
accurately first.

Good luck.  Installing a top is not hard if you are a patient  & deliberate
soul.

Rick O.
72 TR6

Check out the new British Cars Forum: