Synthetic Oil Experiment

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Synthetic Oil Experiment
From: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:14:49 -0400 (EDT)
tried Mobil 1 15W50.  According to the instrument guage I still obtained about
50 lbs hot pressure on a 3000 rpm highway cruise on a warm day.  I suppose
there are other reasons to use synthetic besides hot oil pressure.  My
knowledge of lubrication is admittedly limited.

 I guess I'll go back to Castrol 20W50 with one of the little cans of STP oil
treatment.  My motor has been upgraded, but seldom sees more than 5,000 rpm.
I would spring for the synthetics if I were convinced.

Regards,
Bruce Simms  CF1941UO

Check out the new British Cars Forum: