RE: Md inspection

To: "Adam Wilhite" <wilhit100@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: Md inspection
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:51:12 -0700
        Adam:

        The Kangols do indeed retract. They are not robust in this
regard, however. You need to give the belt a little tug while holding
the belt loosely in your fingers above the retainer that bolts to the
wheel well. If they do not retract, something is wrong, and the belt's
retractor needs to be lubricated or otherwise repaired.
        Yes, the brake light does indeed come on for a few seconds when
the ignition key is moved to the run position (It does in my 1974-1/2).
This is handled by the seat belt module which is located under the dash
in the passenger foot well. It is grey/silver in color, and about the
side of a deck of cards or a little bigger. There is a round wiring plug
that plugs into the side of the module. This plug is often disconnected
because the seat belt warning and ignition alarm functions are also
provided by this module, and the buzzer is very irritating. Many owners
just unplug the module, and disable their brake warning light in the
process.
        On the earlier cars, the warning light came on only when there
was a failure, but the rules changed. All warning lights must illuminate
during the start up to show that the circuits and lamps are functioning
properly.

        Cheers,

        Vance