RE: Help! No heat

To: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Help! No heat
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 18:57:49 -0700
        Al:

        The heater valve is a likely culprit. They can be disassembled
by drilling out
the pop rivet, twisting them apart, cleaning, and reassembling with a
new pop rivet.
They are prone to clogging from rust, etc. Might consider a cooling
system flush to get rid of any scale so that it does not happen again.
        A better way to fix a leaky radiator is by soldering it with a
torch and pipe solder. Works great.

        Vance