Amazing Diesel Engine

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Amazing Diesel Engine
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:37:31 -0700 (PDT)
Alright, I know this isn't TR-related, but it's so damn cool, I just
knew most of you would marvel at it.  Imagine an engine with cylinder
bores of over 3 feet, and stroke over 8 feet.  Each cylinder is 1820
LITERS (as in, 1.8 million cc's), and you can have up to 14 cylinders
(25.5 BILLION cc's), at which point you're generating 108,920 hp and
over 5 and a half MILLION lb/ft of torque. Oh yeah, and it turns at a
leisurely 102rpm.  Check out the pictures. Yeah, I always use 3 guys
and a CRANE when installing main bearings... And for God's sake, look
at that crank!  Awesome.

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6