Disti recurve

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Disti recurve
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 09:40:38 -0700
    Folks:

        Thanks for all the helpful suggestions regarding recurving my
distributor.

        To pass along what has been shared with me, there are a few
points worth mentioning:

        1. Roadster Factory as a complete selection of springs and
weights available
       for any year TR6.
        2. You can add or subtract total advance by trimming/adding
metal to your
       advance stop. My 74 is at 13 degrees (26 degrees at the crank).
Different
       years will have a different limit. See this link for details:

          http://www.jcna.com/library/tech/tech0015.html

        4. TRF lists the springs by distributor model. To determine
which model has
       the springs you want (assuming you want to modify your curves and
so
       *DON'T* want the original springs) you need to look up the curve
for
       a given model at:

          http://www.telusplanet.net/~chichm/tech/lucas.pdf

       This pdf file lists the advance curves for just about any Lucas
distributor
       you care to mention. Pretty spiffy. From that you can pick the
curve you
       want, and then order the springs from TRF.
      5. A local distributor rebuilding service could probably also
supply springs.
       In Portland OR, Philbin's (www.philbingroup.com) has been
suggested.
       They could also recurve the distributor for you, and make
recommendations.

        Happy recurving!!!

        Vance

Check out the new British Cars Forum: