Re: electronic Ignition

To: "Adam C Beasley" <adam@adambeasley.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electronic Ignition
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <trstevens@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 09:09:44 -0400
At 09:25 PM 8/31/2004, Adam C Beasley wrote:
>Which is the best electronic ignition?  Ignitor, Crane or Petronix?
>Thanks,
>Adam
>73 TR6
I believe Ignitor = Pertronix.  I (and several others) have had problems
with the Pertronix quitting suddenly, and with the magnet collar
disintegrating.  Others report being very satisfied.
I'm running a Crane XR-700 with an older Allison coil, ballast resistor
installed.  I've had no problems, but if I had it to do over again I'd bet
the XR-3000 which allows use without ballast resistor.
If you go with ANY replacement, carry points & condenser, preferably
pre-installed (gap adjusted) on a spare distributor points plate.
--
Ted Stevens     trstevens@earthlink.net
'74 TR6 Gaithersburg, MD

Check out the new British Cars Forum: