Valve Train Noise

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valve Train Noise
From: "Rudnicki, Steve" <Steve.Rudnicki@gdcanada.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:11:13 -0400
I'm about 800 k after a frame-off restoration - I've added a road/rally cam,
rebuilt head with new valves, springs, rockers and shaft.  The head was not
machined though it was "decked" to ensure  flatness.  I'm now running well
(that's another story) but am experiencing what could be call a loud valve
noise.  The clicking of the valves is very audible at idle and lower speeds
before being overtaken by the exhaust note (stainless Falcon).  I've checked
the rocker clearances and they are to spec....I can't recall this being an
issue prior to the rebuild so I'm wondering if this is normal or should I be
doing something else...

Any thoughts out there?

Steve Rudnicki
CF30348U