Fuel line connection resolved

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel line connection resolved
From: "Buzz Osborn" <bosborn@americanbank.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:48:18 -0500
Thanks to all that responded regarding the compression fitting at the carb
side of the pump.  Several good suggestions, but Brooks Bullock takes the
prize with the following idea - posted here FYI.  Worked like a charm and
took about ten minutes.

Hi Buzz,

I resolved this issue twice now, once on my car and once on another. By
using two ferrules, just grind both down and putting the new machined
pieces
mating each other,<_||_> so as to equal the length of the original
unobtainable ferrule(sleeve). I have removed the pipe a couple of times
and
even reused the ferrules, once the are tightened they are there to stay.

Good Luck
Brooks