Top cover question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Top cover question
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 20:12:27 EDT
I'm in the process of installing an A type Overdrive Transmission off of a 72
TR6 into my 4 speed 1971.  The top cover on the donor transmission has an
inhibitor switch configuration that is not familiar.  I've looked at all(?) of
the options in the Blue TRF book, and none match what I have on the floor of my
garage.  The donor has (2) inhibitor switches on the top of the cover. One
occupies the 3d space (the 1st and 2nd are blanks), the other is in  the space
closest to the shifter.  There is also one switch on either side near the
shifter.  I assume the one on the left side is the reverse, the right side is
the
seatbelt interlock, the one on the top close to the shifter is the 2nd gear,
and
the one furthest away is 3d/4th gear.  Any ideas about this weird
configuration.  I guess I can just wire it up and see what works?
Joe Davis