RE: Fluid for Overdrive Transmission

To: jmitch@snet.net
Subject: RE: Fluid for Overdrive Transmission
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:42:27 +0000
  In my Scout II, the transfer case utilizes 90 weight mineral oil.
According to my shop manual, the materials used inside of the tranfer case
require its use.  I assume it is because of brass or bronze bushings.  I'm
thinking I pay $18 per gallon.  Very interesting in appearance, it looks
like light colored Olive Oil. I buy it in bulk at the local IH dealership as
I have more binders than I can accurately count...  sigh...
SDSteve