RE: Weber conversion...two issues

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Weber conversion...two issues
From: "Mike D'Ambrogia" <miked@jamagination.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:50:56 -0800
> If I read all of this correctly, for general driving the best idea is dump
the fan, right?

Yes, but be sure that the fan you get has the some sort of control for on
and off temperatures and that it is sized correctly for the radiator (CFM
rating) and determine if you want a push or a pull setup.

> Is it worth going to a lower restriction filters such as the K&N

Anything that helps the motor breath better and filters as well, if not
better, is a plus.

But keep in mind that once you allow more air into the motor your air fuel
mixtures are going to change, the point being that changing the original
components to something different will have an effect somewhere else - some
changes have more impact than others.  A real life case of YMMV...

Mike D'Ambrogia
Sonora, CA
7.5 litre 74.5 TR-6
Follow the fun at http://tr6-455.blogspot.com/ ...