Re: TR6 Radiators

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Radiators
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:03:19 -0800 (PST)
Ann or Billy wrote:

<Surprising findings at the radiator shop:

Both radiators came off of 1972 TR6's.
One, however, was a "heavy duty" radiator- it was 2 point something
inches thick and the other was 1 & 7/8". Both were Standard brand
Triumph radiators. I've never heard of a heavy duty radiator having been
offered as optional on TR's.....Both were 3 row systems.
Moss lists 3 "different" radiators for different year models.
Does anyone out there on the lists have any ideas about this subject and
how to get best cooling?
What is the difference in radiators from one type to the next anyway>

Dick, here---I never paid any attention to the number of rows in my
radiator until the subject came up about a year ago, so I then looked.
The one that came with the original '73 happened to be a four row
design. I have never had a heating problem that involved the radiator
itself.
The tank thickness is at 2-1/2 inches, and the core a little less,
possibly 2 inches.

<What is the best oil cooler setup for a TR6?>

One that has a thermostat controlling the flow, would be my thoughts
here.

Dick