Intake manifold studs missing

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Intake manifold studs missing
From: Walt Philipson <WaltP@Anspach.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:28:15 -0400
I'm not sure which is worse, the DPO's mechanic that left them out, or me,
that didn't notice for 2 years!

The lower studs that are used to attach the intake manifold to the head are
missing. A spring pin (roll pin) has been installed in their place, doh. I
haven't detected a vacuum leak, but my carbs are set full rich to get the
car running well. The engine was rebuilt by a PO, so now I'm wondering what
else is screwed up inside.

I'm going to pull the manifolds and fix it but I'm concerned that the
threads in the head are screwed up. Can they be repaired if they are
damaged? Is there room to go up a thread size and use a stud with two
different threads, or can an insert be used?

Walt Philipson
74 TR6