Re: vibration situation

To: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Subject: Re: vibration situation
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:03:32 -0700 (PDT)
Mike---Since you are not sure just which end this vibration is coming
from, let's eliminate the possibility that what you feel is coming from
rotating mass at the front of the car.  Jack up the rear wheels and take
the drive train up to the speeds that this vibration would normally take
place. Put some drag on the wheels with the foot brake, if necessary.
 If you still feel it, take off both rear wheels, testing after removing
each one.
This might narrow down your field a little.

I have never found Triumph stock wheels to be more sensitive to balance
than any others. Runout of 1/16" seems to be common. I've seen some out
as much as 1/8" but couldn't feel it in the car.

Let us know if you find the problem.

Dick