Re: Time Traveler

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Time Traveler
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 21:44:50 -0500
Regarding the recent "HIGHWAY 1" article in the LA Times by Barry Stavro,
who berated the new TR6 he owned in the 70's because its carburetor wouldn't
stay tuned, the electrical system was a disaster, water leaked through the
clutch housing, the radio, heater and defroster didn't work, and the seats
were "as smooth as bare box springs . . .

The following is the reply I received from Mr. Stavro about the article:

"yes, my memory is on target. the lemon in question was a brand new 1971 tr6
i bought with a sticker price of about $3600. i put 20,000 miles on the car
and happily unloaded it a year later at a big loss and instead bought a used
porsche 912, which was a dream to drive.
 cheers,
 barry stavro
 la times"

If I'd known he was a Porsche person, I wouldn't have bothered to inquire .
. .

Jim Hill
Madison WI