TR6 Motor?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Motor?
From: Michael Kutka <mkutka@post.its.mcw.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 20:39:50 -0500 (CDT)
Hello all,

While working in the garage this past weekend I was checking out the
engine from a junk 70 TR6 I picked up a couple of years ago and noted the
# KD54522E. Me thinks this is a 2.0L GT6 motor which was swapped in many
moons ago?  If anyone can shed light on this I would appreciate it. I
thought that the distributor vac advance looked a bit odd, but I did not
realize what I had.....This car had been "worked" on before and someone
had put in and then removed an OD tranny in the past, so anything is
possible.

Thanks, Michael K CD255L, etc