Separating the TR6 body from the frame...

To: "6Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Separating the TR6 body from the frame...
From: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:49:07 -0400
Help!

Its taken me several weeks to finally take all the pieces parts off my '72
TR6.  I am now ready to take the body off and get started on restoring the
frame.  My question is quite simple actually:  I have removed all the bolts
that hold the body to the frame (or at least I think so).  So far I found
four mounting points (two bolts and two nuts) in the engine area.  I found
two bolts (one on either side) close to the area where the gas pedal is.
Next, there were four more near the area where the hinges of the doors are.
Four more in the area where the seat is.  Next I found two on each side of
the rear parcel shelf and finally the last one single bolt in the boot.

OK.  What else do I need to remove?  I have NOT taken the tranny out.  Does
it need to come out or will the body lift over it?  Are there any bolts/nuts
that need to be removed from the bottom of the car?

I'm sure at least somebody else has done this, any information would be
highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe