RE: Volvo J Type - will it work?

To: "Terry Geiger" <twgeiger@hiwaay.net>, "TR6 list"
Subject: RE: Volvo J Type - will it work?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:04:16 -0700
        Terry:

        You will need to drill and tap the rear mounting flange that
is cast on the OD unit and replace the output flange
with the one from your TR6 transmission.
        In addition, you will need all the various bits and pieces
to attach the OD unit; OD transmission mainshaft (available from TRF),
adapter (available from www.quantumechanics), speedometer angle drive,
OD switch, plinth, etc. You will also need to drill and
tap your transmission top cover for an OD lockout switch.
        Expect to spend about $250 getting all the needed bits and
pieces to do the conversion in addition to the OD itself. You may
well wish to overhaul your transmission while you are at it, since
you will need to disassemble your tranny to install the OD mainshaft.
        The J-type overdrive unit is fully compatible, except for
the unmachined mounting flange, as mentioned above.

        Cheers,

        Vance