Re: tr250 hazad switch?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, skip@pobox.com
Subject: Re: tr250 hazad switch?
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:12:22 EDT
In a message dated 8/13/2003 2:59:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Skip Montanaro
writes:

> Failing this and I go find something to replace it, can one of you
> electrical engineer types refresh my memory about the switch nomenclature?
> I believe this is a DPST or DPDT switch, with both extremes on.  Zat so?

This switch doen's fall into either catagory - it is a special function
switch (basically, it's 2 SPST switches, interlocked to each other - one off
and
the other on, and vice-versa). The good news is, however, that it can be
replaced with a common off-the-shelf $3.00 DPDT switch. In fact, I highly
recommend
that you do replace it, and just stick the old switch back in the dash for
cosmetice purposes. About 99% of the time, after you operate the hazard switch,
your turn signals stop working.

I can't send jpgs to the list, but if you'll e-mail me, I'll send a copy of
the diagram to you. This only works for pre-1973 models. After '73, they used a
realy funky switch for the hazard function. It can be changed, but it takes a
lot of wiring changes to do so. The wiring changes for the early models is
VERY simple.

If you use the replacement switch, it will have to be hidden, as it won't
match your dash.