Surrey top survey for TR250 Owners

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Surrey top survey for TR250 Owners
From: "Sterrett Smith" <sterrettsmith@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:14:13 -0400
I have a TR250 that I wanted a surrey kit for.  After a year of unfruitful
looking in the US, I bought one in England a month ago.  Even in the UK
these
things sell the first day of advertising. As a service to TR4/250 owners, I
am
thinking about using my original cast aluminum backlight frame as a mold and
having a aluminum casting shop make up a bunch of frames.  The estimated
initial
cost of making the mold is $3000US plus whatever per unit cost would be
involved. So I'd need enough interested Triumph owners to make this work.
At
this point I'd be interested in producing the rear screen only, glass or
plexiglass would be the next hurdle, not to mention the hard top.  Soft
surrey
frames and tops are available.  I'm hoping to get 50 interested people.  I'm
going to post a request on the vtr site and ask around at the
Roaster Factory Summer Party as well.  I have no idea what the
cost would be, but if it going to be over $400-500 per unit, I wouldn't
pursue
this anymore.  Until then, good luck in your search.

Thank you,

Sterrett Smith
Loveland, Ohio
513-774-9880