RE: Rough idle when warm (Fixed!!!!!)

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rough idle when warm (Fixed!!!!!)
From: "Mark Martin" <markmartin@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:10:24 -0400
A special thanks to all those who responded.this list is great.  As of
yesterday, I'm back on the road.  I replaced the points, rotor, etc and
still had the elusive miss.  I then checked the carbs and they showed a
perfect blue flame.looked as if no adjustment was required.  I did dump the
oil from the dashpot and refill them both with 20W50 as I wasn't sure what
the PO had used in them.

Scratching my head, I went to start the car and begin looking at everything
AGAIN.  This time, there was no fire to the plugs or from the coil (this had
never happened before).  Checked the voltage to the coil and it was 12VDC.
Still nothing from the coil.  Ordered a coil and electronic ignition.  Two
days later and 20 minutes to install and the car starts as soon as you hit
the key.first time, every time.  No missing.no power issues and I didn't
even have to set the timing.

So, looks like the culprit was the coil (along with dashpot oil????).  The
coil may have been breaking down under the heat as the miss would get worse
as the engine warmed up.

Thanks again for the suggestions and the help.

Mark Martin
72 TR6