2 symptoms developing...

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2 symptoms developing...
From: "Kronberg, Peter" <peter.kronberg@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:24:24 -0500
Hey Everyone,
Well, after that big carb brouhaha awhile back, I've been enjoying my 76
on the picturesque country roads of Vermont. About a week ago, I noticed
that with the stick in neutral, I have a new clicking and resistance
when moving the shifter laterally to the right, like I was going to put
her in reverse. I'm not sure if this is a portent of bad things
(gearbox-wise) to come or not. Ideas?
Secondly, I have no drive train vibration (yet), but when taking off
from a dead stop in first, I feel a big 'clunk', and this is also felt
while shifting at higher revs on occasion. U-joint, I'm thinking. Should
I just replace all of 'em? Will I need the services of a hydraulic press
to get the new bearing race into the yoke? I've done this once before on
a 54 Willys, which DID require a press...

Thanx in advance,

Pete
CF51563U