Re: [Fwd: Re: TR 250 Hoses]

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: TR 250 Hoses]
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:52:36 -0400
K, now it's my turn to laugh. I did this the winter before last, and it IS
NOT easy!

I figured out how to get the right spacing on the stripes, the proper paint
color, how to get the texture in there, but it took all winter and even
after months of waiting, some of the hoses did not dry completely. (They
finally lost their tacky feel this summer.)

I'd be happy to pass along my technique. Maybe someone can improve upon it
and make me another set (laughing still).

I do have to say, after all that, the engine bay looks great now with the
striped hoses.

Peter
'68 TR250